WHEC influences the policy and practice that impacts on women’s lives and makes sure the voice of women and girls is an essential part of the health agenda. We advocate for a health and social care system that properly understands their experiences and meets the needs of all women and girls appropriately.
We work with the health and social care system and government at national and local level. We influence and inform by producing reports and briefings on the wide range of health issues women and girls face. We use these and the expertise and insight of the sector to take part in discussions and seminars and other forms of engagement with key agencies.
We relay insight from the women’s sector and include the voice of individual women as much as possible. Our members provide information and expertise that enables WHEC to ensure the diverse voices of women and girls can be heard by Government and inform its decisions around health. We also provide information and capacity support for the women’s sector.
Department of Health updates
- DoH Policies – Visit the DoH website to find out more about the latest health policies
- DoH Publications – Visit the DoH website “Publications” page to access all the latest publications including research reports, guidance reports, FOI release, correspondence and database.
- DoH Consultations – Get access to all the latest consultations by the Department of Health.
- Health Secretary outlines vision for use of technology across NHS – Patients will be able to access and interact with their GP record online within 12 months
NHS England updates
- NHS England Publications – You can have access to a range of publications by NHSE including annual reports and business plans.
- The NHS Five Year Forward View – The NHS Five Year Forward View was published on 23 October 2014 and sets out a vision for the future of the NHS. It has been developed by the partner organisations that deliver and oversee health and care services including NHS England, Public Health England, Monitor, Health Education England, the Care Quality Commission and the NHS Trust Development Authority. Patient groups, clinicians and independent experts have also provided their advice to create a collective view of how the health service needs to change over the next five years if it is to close the widening gaps in the health of the population, quality of care and the funding of services.
- Mental Health Taskforce – The Mental Health Taskforce brings together health and care leaders, people using services and experts in the field to lead a programme of work to create a mental health Five Year Forward View for the NHS in England.
- NHS England Upcoming Events – Watch out for the upcoming and regular events listed here, where you can view and book a range of health and social care events organised by NHSE.
- Resources for CCGs – Check out the online support, resources and information for clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) where you can find various documents and guidance reports published by key health and care bodies.
[downloads query=”category=71&orderby=date&order=DESC” format=”4″]
Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Justice moving to Gov.UK – Throughout 2014, MoJ been moving content from the Justice site to GOV.UK. As each organisation is relocated onto GOV.UK, you will be redirected to the right place on the new site. Not everything will move over, but older content will still be available via the National Archives. If you think something is missing or have any comments about the move, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.